Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What Is Next Generation Learning?

I thought that having all the technology in that school was a bit much. I don't think you need all of that to learn. Playing Wii just because it helps you focus better? Come on. Submitting your homework online was something I never had to do until college. I couldn't imagine doing it in middle school.
The "polls" the kids took in class was interesting. Harry said that it helps the teachers know if they're getting through to their kids. He said it also helped the kids because they didn't have to raise their hands or speak out in class if they're shy. I think that's taking away from the whole classroom experience and it's impersonal. I was shy during school, too, and seeing other people speak out made me want to do it as well. They need to come back to reality and realize that technology isn't going to teach your children everything they need to know in life.

1 comment:

  1. You are correct that technology will not teach children everything they need to know in life. But what all children must learn is how to survive in a very different world. And to do that they must master the use of technology!

    ReplyDelete