Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harnessing Your Students' Digital Smarts

I do not like this idea as much. To me, it was like the children are just going to class because it's a time where you can Twitter and text. It's fun. Why can't they just sit in a classroom with paper and pencils like I did? It never hurt any of us.
Before you know it, no one will ever have to go to school. They can just sit at home and turn on the computer and do their work. What's going to happen to us teachers? Don't get me wrong, I love technology. But, there is a such thing as too much.

1 comment:

  1. Was that all the students in Vicki Davis' class were doing. Do you think it is impossible to learn on Twitter? My most exciting learning in 20 years or so was done with twitter since last March. And I hope you will realize that by the end of the semester.

    If schools are just pencil and paper places, they will be just baby sitting establishments in 10 years!

    ReplyDelete